Truskawka z bitą śmietaną i bezy (Polish strawberries, whipped cream & meringue) is something I first sampled at Elzbieta’s home, my dear Polish friend with whom I’ve had so many fun culinary adventures. Spending the day in Swarzędz with Elzbieta always meant sharing at least one meal together and maybe a bike ride or paddling around the lake. One memorable day, Ela put together a delicious dessert made of diced strawberries, crumbled meringue kisses and whipped cream. Minimal ingredients and preparation provided maximum taste!
These are flavors and textures popular around the world. Think Pavlova, only easier. This recipe is also known as Eaton Mess, a dessert thought to originate at Eaton College in the late 1800s. I will contend that there was a Polish cook in the kitchen. 😉
I’m using purchased meringues, so this can literally be prepared in just a few minutes, rinse and dice strawberries, whip some cream, tu jest, there it is!
Truskawka z bitą śmietaną i bezy (Polish strawberries, whipped cream & meringue) need to be part of your summer! I’d love to hear your thoughts in the comments below. If I’ve tempted you to make this, please rate the recipe 5 stars in your comment. Dzieki! xxx
The flavor and texture of Pavlova without all the work!
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 – 4 tablespoons powdered sugar (to taste)
- 1 cup of diced strawberries
- 1 cup of meginue kisses, crushed
- Whip chilled cream with vanilla and powdered sugar until soft peaks form
- Option A: layer cream, then strawberries, and then crumbled meringue into individual serving dishes
- Option B: Combine cream, berries, and merginue, scoop to serve