Let me begin by saying, I could live very happily on an anti-Atkins diet. I love carbs – baked goods, sweets. They are my favorite things to prepare and eat. I also work in a church where many similarly minded folks love to share baked goods and sweets with the staff this time of year. During Advent, the conference room (where we also gather for lunch) is a high threat area for anyone counting calories.
In an effort to combat my natural tendencies and the abundance of goodies, I am going to prepare and blog about a different salad everyday for the next week. In looking for ideas, I found myself going back to some of my oldest, most basic, and tried and true cookbooks.
This is my plan:
- Mon, Dec 7th – Turkey Fajita Salad
- Tues, Dec 8th – Wilted Spinach Salad
- Wed, Dec 9th – Carrot Salad
- Thurs, Dec 10th – Cesar Salad
- Fri, Dec 11th – Broccoli Raisin Salad
- Sat, Dec 12th – Cauliflower Bacon Salad
- Sun, Dec 13th – Seven Layer Salad
Wish me luck. I have noticed that several of these salads call for bacon, so it might be a fun week!