A quick and easy version of the spicy traditional Indian tea.
- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 4 (black) tea bags
- 1/2 cup whole milk (or almond milk)
- Add the water, sugar, and spices to a saucepan over high heat
- Stir or whisk until the sugar dissolves
- Bring to a boil, add tea bags and reduce heat to a simmer for two minutes
- Add the milk and serve
There will be spices in the bottom of the tea, you can pour it through a few layers of cheesecloth to strain, but I just leave the cinnamon sludge in the bottom of the pan or the cup.