A quick and easy version of the spicy traditional Indian tea.
- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 4 (black) tea bags
- 1/2 cup whole milk (or almond milk)
- Add the water, sugar, and spices to a saucepan over high heat
- Stir or whisk until the sugar dissolves
- Bring to a boil, add tea bags and reduce heat to a simmer for two minutes
- Add the milk and serve
There will be spices in the bottom of the tea, you can pour it through a few layers of cheesecloth to strain, but I just leave the cinnamon sludge in the bottom of the pan or the cup.
An accountant by trade and a food blogger since 2009, Lois Britton fell in love with Polish cuisine during the years she lived in Poznań, Poland. As the creator of PolishHousewife.com, she connects readers with traditional Polish recipes. Lois has a graduate certificate in Food Writing and Photography from the USF. She is the author of The Polish Housewife Cookbook, available on Amazon and on her website.