Several months ago, I began following the Heavenly Cake Baker blog. I’ve been so intrigued by their baking that, as of this month, I’m joining the group. It all began with Marie, who is baking her way through Rose Levy Beranbaum’s new book Rose’s Heavenly Cakes one cake at at time. Many more bakers/bloggers have joined in, and it’s been fun following their results. I’ve been baking cakes from scratch since I was 9 or 10, but I can see that this will be a learning experience. I am amazed by the precise science in Rose’s recipes, and I appreciate the teaching tips included. As I look through the cakes scheduled for January, my plan is to bake the Chocolate Streusel Coffee Cake & the Chocolate Tweed Angel Food Cake. Anyone spot a trend?
The rules for participants are:
- You must own, or have easy access to, a copy of Rose’s Heavenly Cakes.
- You must have a blog.
- Marie bakes once a week. You only have to agree to bake at least two cakes a month. (You can bake more, of course).
- Marie will post within a 24-hour period on Mondays. You will post your version during the same 24-hour period.
- If there is a particular recipe you’re interested in, let Marie know, and you can be the featured baker for that week.
- You can have a fantastic BADGE indicating that you’re a member of the Heavenly Cake Bakers and post it on your blog.
- If you run out of steam or feel you can’t keep baking, let Marie know and she’ll remove you from the list of Heavenly Cake Bakers, so only active bakers are on the list of bloggers.
- No need to post the recipes on your blogs. We like Rose’s cookbooks and want to encourage her to keep writing them.
- If you’re interested, email Marie at email@example.com, and give her your blog name and URL.
- Have fun!