This is another recipe from Giada’s Kitchen. My daughter gave me this book as an early birthday present because she was headed for UNLV and my actual birthday was her first day of school. I had only had time look through the book, but I did pick out a couple of dishes and ask my parents to make them for my birthday lunch.
We enjoyed these moist, colorful corn muffins with Penne with Eggplant Puree – a flavorful, spicy vegetarian dish.
2 boxes Jiffy corn muffin mix
2/3 cup diced sun-dried tomatoes
2 cups frozen corn kernels, thawed
3 garlic cloves, minced
2/3 cup buttermilk
2/3 cup sour cream
2 large eggs, beaten
- Preheat oven to 375. This will make 16 muffins; grease the tins or use paper liners.
- Combine muffin mix, tomatoes, corn and garlic.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir until just combined.
- Divide batter among muffin cups, filing about 1/2 way.
- Bake until golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, approximately 15 minutes.