|Forgot to take a photo while it was still pristine – as you can see, this has been dug into|
1 head garlic
3/4 cup apple juice
1/3 cup spicy mango chutney
4 ounces Brie
- Preheat oven to 350
- Slice the top off of the head of garlic, taking off just enough to expose the individual cloves.
- Wrap in foil and bake for 60 to 90 minutes, until the cloves are a golden brown.
- Peel the apple, removing the core and stem.
- Add apple and apple juice to a small saucepan and cook until the apple is tender, about 10 minutes, turning at least once. When ready to serve, dice the apple.
- Slice the baguette, and toast.
- All of the above can be done in advance.
- Warm the Brie until the inside is soft and runny. This can be done in the oven, the microwave, on in a pan. We used our electric griddle.
- Serve the bruchetta (toasted bread slices) with the head of roasted garlic, diced apple, and a bit of chutney.
- Now to the part where your guest do the work:
- The garlic cloves can be squeezed out of the head or dug out with the tip of a knife. Spread a bit of the garlic on a slice of toast; top with a slice of cheese (it’s OK to eat the white rind); sprinkle on a few pieces of diced apple and finish it off with a dab of chutney. Voilà!