A pickled herring that you can enjoy as is with a crusty bread or use in other recipes
- Appoximately 12–18 herring fillets, prepared for use (remove salt from salt herring or brine fresh or frozen herring)
- 2/3 cup of water
- 3–4 large onions, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup of white vinegar, rice vinegar, or white wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- 15 black peppercorns
- 3 bay leaves
- 5 whole allspice
- Add prepared fish to a large sterile jar.
- Add all other ingredients to a saucepan and heat to a boil, cool
- Pour cool marinade over fish, cover, and refrigerate for at least one day. Will keep up to 10 more days in the fridge.
Keywords: sledzie marynowanowane polish pickled herring