A hearty soup, full of flavor !
- 1 1/4 pounds ground turkey
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons mustard
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- salt & pepper
- chicken stock (I made mine by boiling 2 chicken carcasses from the Polish market in water)
- chicken meat (in this case, just the meat I removed from the bones after simmering for a couple of hours)
- vegetables (I used a prepared packet of soup veg: 4 carrots, 2 parsnips, 1 leek, 1 slice celery root)
- 1 bag of frozen spinach (my frozen spinach turned out to be pureed, I should have purchased fresh)
- 1/2 cup orzo (optional)
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Combine all ingredients
- Form into small meatballs, less than 1 inch in diameter
- Bake until lightly brown, about 20 minutes.
- While the meatballs are baking, simmer stock with chicken and soup vegetables, until veg are tender.
- Add meatballs and spinach, simmer another 15 – 20 minutes. I sometimes add orzo at this point.
- Slowly add egg while stirring the soup. You’re ready to serve.