A chocolate hazelnut spread winding though a rich soft dough topped with cinnamon strusel topping. You’ll want a slice!
- 1 cup whole milk, warmed (110° F)
- 1 packet active dry yeast
- 1/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 large egg plus 1 large egg yolk
- 4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 cups Nutella chocolate hazelnut spread, divided
for the topping:
- 2 tablespoon milk
- 1 egg white
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup butter, cold and diced
- Add 1 cup warm milk to a mixing bowl with yeast and 1 tablespoon sugar, stir and let sit fo r5 minutes. It should become foamy.
- Add remaining sugar, egg, egg yolk, flour, and salt. Mix until well combined using a mixer dough hook for 5 minutes. Add 2 tablespoons butter and mix until fully incorporated, about 3 minutes. The dough will be tacky.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and let sit at room temp for an hour. Divide the dough in half, and wrap each piece in plastic wrap. Regrigerate the dough overnight. This long, slow rise is supposed to develope great flavor.
- Roll each piece of dough out to a 16 inch square. Spread with Nutella (warm it a little to make it easier to spread), leaving 1/2 inch clear around the edges. Starting on the side nearest you, roll up the dough as snugly as possible.
- Cut the rolled dough in half lengthwise. With one piece face up and the other face down, wrap/twist the two pieced of rolled dough around each other. Loop the dough into 2 parchment-lined loaf pans (8 or 9 inches).
- Whisk together the 2 tablespoon milk and egg white. Brush over the bread. Combine brown sugar, 1/4 cup floour, and cinnamon. Work in the 1/4 cold butter until you have a crumb texture. Sprinkle over the egg washed loaves.
- Cover and let rise at room temperature for 2 hours. Preheat the overn to 375°. Bake for 45 – 50 minutes. Cool for 10 minutes and remove from the pans.