Homemade cherry infused vodka = heaven on earth
- 2 1/4 pounds pitted cherries
- 1 cup sugar (I used superfine sugar because I had some on hand)
- l liter vodka (4 – 5 cups, enough to fill container(s)
- Combine all of the ingredients in sterile containers. (I submerged the jars and lids in boiling water for 10 minutes.) The total volume of your container(s) should be half a gallon
- Shake or swirl daily until sugar has dissolved, it takes a few days
- Store the containers (in pantry or basement) for 4 to 6 weeks, strain and re-bottle
- Allow to age 2 to 4 months
I sometimes substitute brandy for a small portion of the vodka, maybe 1 cup. I just think brandy and cherries go so well together.
If you this with sour cherries, you have wisniowka!
Keywords: infused vodka, cherry vodka, Polish cherry vodka