A colorful, sweet and tart jam
- 600 g white plums
- 300 g sugar with pectin 2:1
- Cut fruit in half and remove stone
- Put the plum halves in a saucepan and cover, cook over medium heat for 15 minutes
- Add the sugar with pectin and continue cooking uncovered, stirring frequently, about 20 more minutes, until mixture gels up when you place a dab on a cold plate.
- Pour into sterile jars and refrigerate after cooling.
I made a small amount that I knew would be eaten soon. If you’re making a large batch, you’ll want to properly can the jam or seal with a thick layer of paraffin.
If this sugar isn’t available in your area, use the fruit and sugar proportions suggested on your favorite brand of pectin.