A deliciously intense, strawberry jam made with no added pectin.
- 3 pounds strawberries
- 2 1/4 cups sugar
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon zest (optional)
- seeds from a vanilla pod (optional)
- 2 teaspoons butter (optional) keeps jam from getting foamy while cooking
- Add all the ingredients to a large pan over low heat
- Stirring frequently, simmer for about 3 hours or until the jam has reached the desired consistency. If possible, spread the cooking time over 3 days. refrigerating overnight.
- Place in freezer containers or clean jars and process as described above.
If you like, when finished cooking, add 2 tablespoons of brandy or balsamic vinegar.
Keywords: Polish strawberry jam