A pretty and tasty pumpkin dessert!
- 3 eggs, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup pumpkin
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped (optional)
- powdered sugar, for dusting
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 4 tablespoons butter, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup powdered sugar, approximately
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment or wax paper. Spray with baking spray with flour.
- Beat eggs for five minutes, until light and fluffy.
- Mix in sugar until well combined; add pumpkin.
- Add remaining dry ingredients (except nuts) and mix until well combined, scraping down the sides of the bowl during the process.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Sprinkle the top with nuts, if you’re using them. (I intended to, but forgot until it was too late.)
- Bake about 15 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean or the top springs back when touched lightly.
- Spread out a tea towel or parchment paper, sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- Flip the cake out onto the tea towel so that the top (with nuts) is down and on the powdered sugar.
- Gently roll the cake up, and cool. This forms the cake, so that it will roll around the filling without cracking.
for filling and assembly:
- Combine all ingredients, adding a little more powdered sugar if the filling is too runny. It should be on the thin side, not too stiff, beat until smooth.
- Gently unroll the cake and remove the parchment which was on the bottom as the cake baked.
- Spread with filling and roll up the cake.
- Wrap and refrigerate or freeze until ready to slice and serve.
Keywords: pumpkin log