An authentic Polish Cake with Blueberries – light, and quick, and easy to prepare.
- 1/2 cup oil (125vml)
- 1 1/2 cup milk (375 ml)
- 1 cup sugar (225 g)
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- zest of 1 lemon
- 3 1/2 cups flour (440 g)
- 2 heaping teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 cups blueberries
for optional glaze:
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- water, milk, or citrus juice
- Preheat oven to 350° F (189° C). Prepare a 9 x 13 pan by lining with parchment paper or grease pan and dust with dried (unseasoned) breadcrumbs (a traditional Polish trick to insure a cake releases).
- Whisk together oil, milk sugar, eggs, vanilla, and zest. Add flour and baking powder. Stir just until all of the flour is moistened. There will still be many small lumps. Pour into prepared pan. Sprinkle blueberries over the top of the cake.
- Bake for about 45 minutes. The top of the cake will be a light golden brown. A toothpick inserted in the center (avoiding blueberries) will come out clean. The internal temp will be between 200° and 205° F (93° and 96° C). Cool.
- Serve the cake as is, lightly dust with powdered sugar, or drizzle with a glaze made of powdered sugar and just enough liquid to make a thick yet pourable glaze.
Keywords: Polish Cake with Blueberries