Spicy little bits of moist pork, always a hit!
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 bay leaf, crumbled
- 1 teaspoon minced parsley
- freshly ground pepper
- 1 lb. lean pork, cut in 3/4 – 1 inch cubes. (We like to use pork tenderloin)
- Mix all ingredients except pork in a large bowl
- Add the meat cubes and stir to coat
- Cover and refrigerate several hours or overnight, stirring occasionally
- Thread on skewers; grill until well browned, but juicy.
The spicy oil you’ve cooked the meat in is great for dipping a crusty bread.
Also an excellent main course. Make the pork cubes larger, serve with mashed potatoes, and a green vegetable.