A colorful digestif
- 6 ripe mandarin oranges (clementines or tangerines)
- 1 liter spiritus
- 1 cup water
- 1 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Using a vegetable peeler, remove zest from the mandarins
- Add zest and spiritus to a large jar
- Seal and store for two days
- Heat water, sugar, and honey until sugar dissolves
- Pour spiritus into another jar to remove the zest, add syrup
- Seal and store for two to three months before serving.
- If a sediment collects on the bottom, decant into another container or strain through a coffee filter.
Some people like to also add the juice of the mandarins, but the finished product is not as clear, so I’ve skipped that step.
Keywords: Polish tincture infused vodka orange mandarin mandarynkowa