Chicken that’s moist and full of flavor
- 4 quarts water
- 2/3 cup kosher salt
- 3 lemons, quartered
- 1/8 cup dried parsley
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 – 5 pounds chicken, cut up (I used a jumbo package of thighs)
- Place water and salt in a large dutch oven, heat just enough to dissolve salt.
- Squeeze lemons over the dutch oven, add the fruit as well as the juice.
- Add parsley, onion, garlic, and pepper.
- Add chicken to dutch oven. The water should just cover the chicken.
- Cover dutch oven and refrigerate 6 – 8 hours.
- Grill or bake as usual. I used indirect heat on a gas grill for about an hour and then medium direct heat to crisp up the skin.