A refreshing, crunching salad – a nice alternative to green salads
- 1 Cauliflower, medium head
- 2 small dill pickles (or brine cured if you have them)
- 1 Golden Delicious apple, peeled and seeds removed
- 4 basil leaves
- 1 can corn, drained
- 3/4 cup plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Finely dice the cauliflower, about 1/4 – 1/3 inch cubes. It’s important that the dice is fine and consistent. Shred the pickles and apple (coarse side of box grater), and chop the basil.
- Combine the above with the corn, yogurt, mayo, and salt.
- Chill until ready to serve.
The key is to make sure everything is diced very small (about 1/4 inch) and uniformly. I’ve tried using a food processor, but I haven’t had luck in getting everything chopped without it becoming too fine, essentially cauliflower rice.
Keywords: cauliflower salad