A healthy chicken salad with spicy, Asian flavor!
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 – 3 teaspoons chili garlic sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 11/2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 4 – 6 cups of torn greens
- 3 tablespoons toasted sliced almonds
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh cilantro leaves (I usually cut with scissors rather than chop)
- 6 – 10 grape or cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onion tops
- Preheat grill to 425°F
- Using a tenderizing mallet, flatten the chicken breast (shinny side up) to about 1/4 – 1/2 inch thick
- Combine honey, lime juice, chili garlic sauce (we bought two kinds, ended up gong with the less hot), sesame oil and soy sauce
- Remove 2 tablespoons and brush over chicken, you’ll use the rest later
- Cook chicken on hot grill for 2 minutes per side or until cooked through, let rest a few minutes
- Cut into bite-size pieces and stir into remaining sauce; refrigerate for 10 minutes or up to 24 hours.
- To serve, top greens with chicken (including any sauce), almonds, cilantro, tomatoes, and green onions.