Babka poznańsska a pound cake-like babka that includes potato flour
- 14 tablespoons butter (200g)
- 5 eggs
- 1 cup sugar (200g)
- juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose wheat flour (280g)
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons potato flour (100g)
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- pinch salt
- butter or oil (to grease pan)
- plain, dried breadcrumbs (to prepare pan)
- powdered sugar (for dusting)
- Preheat oven to 350 F (170 C).
- Melt the butter and cool.
- Add the eggs and sugar to a mixing bowl and beat until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes.
- Mix in the lemon juice and zest.
- Add the flours, baking powder, and salt, mix until it’s well combined, but take care not to over mix.
- Add the butter and mix just until incorporated.
- Grease a bundt pan with butter or oil, sprinkle with plain, dried breadcrumbs. When the pan interior is covered, turn the pan upside down and tap to remove excess breadcrumbs.
- Add the cake batter to the pan, smooth the top. Bake for 35 to. 45 minutes, until a toothpick inserted comes out clean, or the internal temperature is about 205 F (95 C).
- Cool for 10 minutes before removing from the pan. If needed, use a wooden skewer to run between the cake and the pan to help it release. Turn the cake out onto a plate. Cool.
- Sift powdered sugar over the cake.
Keywords: Babka poznanska, potato cake