Thanks to all of you who took the survey below (it’s now closed). If you’re curious, this is what I learned:
- Over 50% of you found Polish Housewife via facebook (it’s important more me to stay active there and try to navigate the latest algorithim changes.)
- 44% of you find out about new content via social media (ditto my FB comment above, when you like, comment share, it helps!)
- 47% of the responses were from readers 65+ (FB tells me readers are equally distributed between 35 and 65+, but I can see how someone 65+ has more time to take a survey)
- 83% have no dietary restrictions in the household
- The biggest frustrations in the kitchen are lack of time (24%) and organizing/planning meals (34%) (I can relate! I often cook for blog post on the weekend, and we’ll eat those recipes during the week.)
- Whether or not you make a dish you see online has to do with prep time/complexity (37%) and the ingredients (37%)
- 76% of you usually shop at a traditional supermarket.
Thank you for your kind words about what you like, or don’t like. (The most precise and valid point came from a technical writer who finds my use of commas instead of dashes, understandably annoying or distracting. If you let me know where I’ve errored, I’ll correct it. My former colleague in the communications office had a thing about dashes being overly used, so I may be gun-shy. As a CPA, I feel the same way when people use financial terms or concepts incorrectly, or when people use the word pierogies. Pierogi is plural, friends.)
As for what you’d like me to post about more often:
- beside traditional Polish recipes, the most frequent comment was SIMPLE recipes
- a desire for more use of buckwheat, cabbage, beets, fermented foods, nutritional info
- ideas and recipes from other readers (this is going to lead to a new feature on the Polish Housewife facebook page. On Sunday mornings, I’ll make a zapraszamy post. Feel invited to share your what’s on your mind in the comments of that post. How have you simplied your favorite Polish recipe? Tell us about your last trip to Poland? What family traditions do you have for upcoming holidays? We’ll try it and see how it goes. I look forward to hearing from you!
Your enjoyment of what’s written here matters! To help us connect meaningfully, will you be so kind as to take a quick survey by answering 10 questions by clicking on this link? It really will take just a few minutes.
The main focus of my questions has to do with cooking and recipes, but you should feel free to respond on other topics in the open-ended questions. Your responses will be valuable input as I prepare the editorial calendar for Polish Housewife.
This isn’t a one time invitation, reach out anytime via social media, email, or a comment on a post. Your questions and suggestions have inspired some of my most popular posts, and I’m always happy to hear from you!