I love fried chicken, but I’ve never been a fan of chicken breast. Dark meat just has so much more flavor and is more moist. I felt vindicated when a judge on The Big Family Cooking Showdown (Netflix) made a similar comment. Kotlety z Piersi Kurczaka (Chicken Cutlet) might change all of that for me. I used the same technique that I would to make Kotlet Schabowy.
Pounding the chicken breast thin with a meat mallet (affiliate link), tenderizes the meat and insures that it cooks quickly and stays moist. (You won’t want to use the tenderloin or chicken tenders. It’s just too delicate to tenderize in this way.) With a delicious crisp crust, and a thin, moist bit of chicken breast Kotlety z Piersi Kurczaka (Chicken Cutlet) makes for a delicious meal. We prepared this recently for a Sunday Dinner with my parents and my sister, and it was a hit!
- 4 chicken breast (without tenders)
- salt and pepper
- flour, for dredging
- 3 eggs, beaten
- breadcrumbs (season with salt and pepper)
- oil, for frying, lard would be ideal
- With a meat tenderizing mallet, pound the chicken breast (shiny side up) until very thin
- Cut each flattened breast into two pieces
- Season with salt and pepper
- Set up a 3 plate or bowl station, one with flour, one with egg, one with breadcrumbs
- Dredge the meat in flour, dip both sides in egg, and coat with breadcrumbs
- Heat oil to 350 F, fry until golden brown, about 3 minutes on each side